New International Version (NIV)
53 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.
1. Do you know any secrets you promised not to reveal? And did you keep your promise?
2. When you grew up, what were you passionate about?
3. What’s your charm? What is it about you that makes people attracted to you?
4. What is the biggest strength of your appearance?
5. Have you ever been despised and rejected by others? Why?
6. Do you have high esteem or low esteem about yourself?
7. When you look back on your life, what made you suffer most? Money? Human relationship? Raising your kids? Or others?